Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Day One

I love to write.

Ever since I was young, my dream was always to become an author -- writing book after book of award-winning material while inspiring the world with my creativity and talents. As I got older, this notion changed, mostly because it's nearly impossible to be that successful of a writer, never mind the meager pay and low gratification. But I still loved to write, and even went on to study writing and English literature in college so that I could use those skills at some point in my career.

Free writing is a bit scary though, for anyone. Having your ideas and your thoughts available to anyone at anytime is actually kind of frightening. How much do I want people knowing what goes on inside my head? I've put off starting a blog for that reason, and a few others. To me, writing has always been exceeding personal, and I've debated how much I want to share about myself and my ideas. I've also wondered who would read it, and what I would say. Would anyone really care?

I give up. Here I am. But it wasn't completely out of nowhere. I've been wanting to start this for over a year. And, lately, I've started trying to do more things outside of my box so I am never too adjusted to my comfort zone. I'm 23-years-old, and I never want to regret having the opportunity to fulfill a dream or a whim and never taking the chance.

So in the last few months, I have registered for my first marathon, applied for my Master's degree, and relocated to DC. Just because.

But this isn't a blog about doing new things and living life to the fullest. I find that a bit cliche. In fact, I don't really know what this is about. It just is. So keep reading.

1 comment:

  1. You didn't tell me you started a blog. I agree with you on writing being personal, but I've really enjoyed writing in my blog. Forget about what people think and write about whatever you want.

    As far as doing new things and living life to the fullest you better be doing that. Even if it is cliche.

    ReplyDelete